I finished my wearable muslin yesterday, only a little late.
I’m still a little on the fence about the scallops. I’m not sure they really fit my style, though my style seems to consist predominately of if-I-like-it-I-wear-it so I suppose this works.
Over all the fit was pretty good out of the box, all I did was lengthen the darts about an inch. What weird folds there are seem to be due more to fabric than fit and I can live with them.
This skirt was an exercise in patience was the scallops themselves. They were I bit of a pain to sew, but it was mostly the pressing that made me want to scratch out my own eye. My point turner, well, wasn’t turning all that well. I ended up sewing a pressing template the size of the finished scallop (basically the same thing you use to trace the seam allowance) out of heavy card stock. Then I just tucked it into the scallop and pressed et viola! Pressed scallops without all the fuss!